AT/D08 - Medical Complex
== Afterparty Timeline ==

Beka was huddled in the corner of the doctor’s lounge, cradling a coffee. The demands of running Sickbay whilst Robin was away had been intense and the redhead had struggled at times. The CMO was an accomplished diplomat and fantastic at soothing damaged egos. Sydesh… wasn’t. She was a highly skilled surgeon with a well-earned reputation for what she could do with a laser scalpel in her hand. She was also notoriously fiery and strong-willed, and neither of those qualities were a great look in a leader.

There hadn’t been any major incidents and publicly at least, things seemed to have gone to plan. But it had all taken a real toll, especially given how much pain Beka had been in the entire time thanks to her spinal injury.

I’m just so glad Robin’s back. I don’t have to spend my entire day burying my personality any more. I don’t know how she does it, keep people in line so effortlessly. Everyone wanted to pick a fight with me and all I wanted to do was pick one back. But I couldn’t. I had to repay that faith she showed in me by not being a massive bitch. No matter how much some people deserved it.

The restorative surgery had given Beka a new lease of life, and she’d already been back in the gym gleefully exhausting herself in the name of getting her fitness back. She was also enjoying time out of the spotlight.

[Mayfair to Sydesh. Doctor, would you please report to my office?]

Ah. Business time.

Beka knew the code and dragged herself to her feet. It wasn’t often that Robin was formal but when she was, that meant something. Even though the two medics were extremely close friends, the redhead was still slightly nervous about this meeting. She half suspected it was to go over the things the CMO had found out about in her absence.

I don’t remember doing anything too bad. A memory surfaced and she winced. OK, except where I told that Tactical guy that the only reason I wasn’t going to call him a c*** was because he lacked the depth and the warmth. But that was the only one!

Still clutching her extra strength raktajino, Sydesh picked her way through the Medical Complex and knocked on the CMO’s office door. Taking a quick look around to make sure there was no-one around, she leant in.

“You rang?” she intoned, her voice deadpan, before she cracked a smile.

Messages In This Thread
AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Tyra Crawford - 07-17-2024, 01:29 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 07-19-2024, 12:01 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 07-20-2024, 12:17 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 07-20-2024, 06:16 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 07-27-2024, 12:14 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 07-27-2024, 01:09 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 08-02-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 08-03-2024, 07:45 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 08-11-2024, 12:08 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 08-25-2024, 01:15 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 09-07-2024, 01:26 PM