AT/D08 - Medical Complex
Robin sat at her desk as the bell rang. Beka was prompt. For moments the nurse had considered making a play of it and pretending to be stern, but had dismissed the idea immediately. Her best friend would have seen though it immediately, and the Augment was no actor. "Come in," she called to the door, which slid open immediately.

“You rang?” she intoned, her voice deadpan, before she cracked a smile.

Suppressing most (but not all) of her smile, Robin motioned to the chair in front of her desk. "I did indeed. Have a seat, Doctor Sydesh." She waited a moment for her friend to sit, and then continued. "So I've been looking over the Sickbay records. Everything ran smoothly." She laughed. "And you didn't even airlock anyone. That's good. We're short-handed, after all."

She paused. "I can't say I was worried, because I wasn't, but we've got a Sickbay full of untested and mostly green medics. You kept things running smoothly. There's a complaint from Security Ensign Steyn saying that he was extremely displeased with your attitude, which I'm given to dismiss because he's a major pain. Last time I treated him he started hitting on me. That's pretty much it. Soooo, without further ado..."

She reached into her desk and took out a small black box. "Second Lieutenant Beka Sydesh, it's my privilege to promote you to the rank of full Lieutenant." She handed Beka the item that contained her second well-earned gold pip. "And not only that. It's high time you officially became the official Chief Doctor on this ship. You've shown real leadership qualities, and I need someone who I can trust making decisions on the floor... especially in a crisis. I've seen you do it plenty of times. I can't be everywhere at once when things are blowing up." The nurse considered for a moment. "But I also need someone who can bust heads as well. I try to be as friendly and supportive as I can to keep everyone's egos from being bruised, but there's a time and place for that. One thing I admire you for is that you don't care what anyone thinks about you."

The CMO paused. "But that's up to you. I know you've mostly recovered, but mostly doesn't mean all. And I know you well enough to be able to tell when you're stressed. You don't have to take the title if you don't want to. The pip is yours regardless. I'll still be CMO so I can take a lot of the weight off you, because ultimately the buck stops with me. But there's no one I'd trust more to have my back."

== Tag Beka ==

Messages In This Thread
AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Tyra Crawford - 07-17-2024, 01:29 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 07-19-2024, 12:01 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 07-20-2024, 12:17 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 07-20-2024, 06:16 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 07-27-2024, 12:14 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 07-27-2024, 01:09 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 08-02-2024, 09:37 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 08-03-2024, 07:45 PM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Beka Sydesh - 08-11-2024, 12:08 AM
RE: AT/D08 - Medical Complex - by Robin Mayfair - 08-25-2024, 01:15 AM