YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel
Ktan's scans didn't turn up anything of note - just a rickety old ship outfitted for supply runs. Given the hidden living spaces, it seemed apparent that Heathridge was on a return trip back into Talarian space to pick up more refugees.

By the letter of the law, Jenson could have Heathridge arrested based on the evidence available. With Starfleet medical supplies and traces of Talarian DNA on the Damsel, the evidence of smuggling was certainly strong enough.

At the same time, however. . . Ktan knew what it was like to seek asylum. He knew how it felt to be fleeing your home when the political atmosphere turned hostile. When galactic governments could make no official acts of support, it was people like Heathridge who saved lives, at times even with under the table support, as one might guess from the presence of Starfleet supplies here.

However, given Heathridge's apparent dislike for Starfleet, Ktan could only assume he'd gotten the supplies through even more. . . unofficial means.

All those things considered, Ktan didn't totally disagree with Jenson's next call.

"You heard the Captain before," he said to Ktan and the other junior officers. "We don't have any more time to waste here."

He then turned back to the scruffy captain of the Disreputable Damsel.

"Normally, I'd have insisted on taking those supplies back with me, but that takes time we don't have right now. So I'll expect you to hand in those Starfleet supplies and get civilian equivalents the first chance you get. I see nothing atrocious here. Only the world's crappiest cruise ship in an area of space that isn't really suited to cruising. Risa, this isn't. But that's not my affair. Those Starfleet supplies are, however. Get them changed for civilian issue, hm?"

Jenson then pulled Heathridge in closer and whispered something into his ear.

Even with his heightened feline hearing, Ktan only caught a few words, but the tone was clear. Jenson was giving the man a warning about the risks of crossing the Cardassians. Wise advice if ever there was.

If there were any dichotomy between Ktan's grudge against Braggins' actions on the Philadelphia and Jenson's choice here, they were minor at best. Jenson was allowing a civilian to risk his own life to save refugees, a decision based on the prerogative granted to him by his orders. Braggins defied direct orders, and despite being motivated rescuing hostages, simultaneously put countless lives at risk by provoking war with Cardassia. Not to mention that Jenson's choice here didn't involve handing the midshipman phasers and asking them to fire on Starfleet.

No, there was no moral dilemma to be had here.

It seems I can, at least to some extend, respect the Yeager's first officer. Even if I cannot offer the same to her captain.

As Ktan mulled these things over, the rest of the junior officers all gathered back on the bridge. Jenson then signaled the Yeager that they were ready to return.

Blue light engulfed them, and they were gone.

>> Transporter Room >>

Messages In This Thread
YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel - by GM-01 - 07-02-2024, 02:40 AM
RE: YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel - by GM-01 - 07-08-2024, 01:39 AM
RE: YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel - by GM-01 - 07-13-2024, 02:42 AM
RE: YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel - by GM-01 - 07-19-2024, 04:11 PM
RE: YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel - by GM-01 - 07-22-2024, 05:04 PM
RE: YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel - by GM-01 - 07-24-2024, 12:00 AM
RE: YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel - by GM-Braggins - 07-26-2024, 05:39 PM
RE: YE/E01 - Disreputable Damsel - by Ktan Shadowhunt - 07-26-2024, 06:50 PM