AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1
Jez listened as Commander Kurasa laid out the plan for transporting in, it seemed pretty straightforward. Jez wasn’t particularly thrilled at the idea of dealing with Cardassians, She remembered as a child the difficulties her parents had dealing with the Cardassians when they were on digs in Cardassian space, the red tape, the constant interruptions. The Cardassians liked to use the pretense that they were performing inspections of her parent's dig site and equipment to make sure they were up to Cardassian safety standards but was, in fact, an excuse for them to spy on her parents.

Jez nodded as Kurasa explained everyone's position, as the Chief did, Jez repeated them mentally.

Due to the unknowns involved here, I am going to have us transport facing out in a circle. I will be facing the center of the bridge with Mala at the 9 O'clock, and Gath in the opposing position to my right. Cindy, I want you initially at my 6 analyzing the threats that I will not see.

In Jez’s opinion, this seemed a little dangerous, all of them beaming in at once. In Jez’s opinion, it made more sense to beam the Security Team over to Secure the transporter site, and once they secured it to then beam over the rest of the team.

Jez didn’t want to disagree with her superior officer in front of the others, Not to mention she didn’t want to appear foolish,  but the idea of everyone beaming in at once seemed risky. Jez quickly typed her concerns on her Data Padd and then casually walked over to Commander Kurasa and showed her the Data Pad.

[ Commander, with all due respect;  wouldn’t it be safer if the Security Team Beamed in first and secured the transporter site and once secured beam the rest of the Away Team? ]

Jez hated to disagree with the Commander publicly, especially in front of everyone, but Jez didn’t want to appear as if she wasn’t ready; but also felt that statistically speaking it made more sense to risk a smaller number of people than a large group.

As Jez wanted Commander Kurasa to consider the option Jez had presented was a bit surprised when Cindy spoke to her, Cindy smiled at Ens Mala and said to her, "Since we don't know how bad it is, you might want to hold your breath as we beam in. If there is smoke, you'll feel it with your eyes first and then know to breathe carefully, avoiding fumes as much as possible. It's always hard to tell what you're going to encounter with a badly damaged ship. Be cautious and alert, but don't forget to be kind. There will be dead and injured. We're here to help."

Jez had heard Alex and Cindy talking about missions and training, but this was the first time that Jez had seen Cindy in action. She sounded like an instructor, using that same informative tone, but not talking down to her. Cindy was aware that Mala had not faced a situation like this on a mission yet, but she had been trained for it. Mala had been on missions, but this was going to be a little different. This was fresh damage and the injured or dead would be a different kind of experience. There might still be small fires, systems failing, and the screams of those suffering trauma. It can be a hard environment to navigate, especially if you're struggling to keep your own emotions and thoughts in check. As she liked to tell people, you never really get rid of the butterflies, you just find ways to make them fly in formation. That often seemed to help the new students.

Jez returned Cindy’s gaze and said, “ I know, my parents and I have been in many dark and even smoke-filled Temples and Tombs. You would be surprised by the amount of dust that swirls in the air of a tomb that has been sealed for Centuries, it can burn almost as bad as smoke.”

Jez was a bit concerned when Cindy mentioned that there would be dead bodies, her question was for the Senior Officers, “Excuse me, Commander’s, but as I’m sure you’re aware, Cardassian funeral rites are very strict. They considered it a dishonor to the deceased if a non-Cardassian views the remains, with that in mind are we performing any retrieving of bodies, or at least helping the Cardassians gather their deceased?” Asked Jez, her tone respectful, but factual.

== Tag All. ==

Messages In This Thread
AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by Daniel Brooks - 03-10-2024, 05:20 PM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by T'Kol - 06-28-2024, 01:58 AM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by T'Kol - 06-29-2024, 01:07 AM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by T'Kol - 07-02-2024, 05:59 PM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by Beno Velaul - 07-29-2024, 08:20 PM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by Beno Velaul - 08-01-2024, 09:00 PM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by Jez Mala - 08-03-2024, 05:52 AM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by Lois Lim - 08-03-2024, 10:49 AM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by Kalli Thorn - 08-03-2024, 04:02 PM
RE: AQ/D02 - Transporter Room 1 - by Kalli Thorn - 08-04-2024, 12:33 AM