The Adventures of Lina and Miles
Miles nodded as Lina suggested looking around to see if anything caught their eye. They began to peruse the different items displayed that would eventually be brought up for them to bid on. He had to agree with Lina's observation of the list being endless. Artwork, furniture, jewels, and priceless trinkets adorned most of the area.

There were a few items that did catch Miles' eye that fell into the latter category, but moving along he found something that truly captured his attention came in the next section. A collection of rare expeditionary items, to include weapons, from a period roughly 1 to 2 centuries prior to the setting of the current program. If there was one thing Lina and Miles had a fondness for, it was ancient weapons, as their trip to her hometown could attest.

He found himself drawn to a shield in a central display. This particular shield was exponentially older than the surrounding items, appearing to be from the era of the Roman Empire. It was clearly well maintained, or had at least been properly restored. Miles was admiring it, catching the inscription emblazoned around it: 'umbra protectoris major umbra diaboli'.

"The Shadow of the Protector is Greater than the Shadow of the Fiend," a voice broke Miles from his reverie. He looked to the origin of the voice, in an accent Miles thought he could place as Italian, to see a gentleman probably 10 years Miles' senior. He was accompanied by a woman of roughly the same age, who spoke next.

"Forgive the intrusion," she spoke, in an accent familiar to the gentleman. "My brother is fascinated with artifacts of our homeland's past, and will find any reason to talk about them with anyone he deems even slightly interested. But where are my manners. Sofia Rossi. And this, as I said, is my brother Nico."

"Miles Grant," Miles replied, introducing himself. He hesitated a moment to consider how to introduce a "bond-mate" to this time period. There was only one term he could think of as an anywhere close, though it did have high implications. But implications that Miles was content with. "My fiance, Amelina Whittaker."

==Tags. Smile==

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Adventures of Lina and Miles - by Miles Grant - 08-12-2024, 12:32 AM