YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs
== Apologies for my continued delays - My writing motivation seems to be coming in fits and starts lately ==

“Ah, Mister Shadowhunt," Lieutenant Papaver said.. “I take it your away mission went well then?”

"As well as can be expected in these times," Ktan said. "I fear for the future of the Talarians. A sentiment I'm sure is shared by many on the crew."

Lieutenant Papaver didn't immediately respond, clearly engrossed in a flurry of activity to which Ktan had not been privy. His heart still hung long in his chest, sagging under the weight of his worry for his fellow refugees. Their troubles had been growing on his mind since beaming back aboard.

“I think I have something for you to sink your teeth into, metaphorically," Papaver finally said. "If you could tie up with engineering and probably medical, by the looks of this, we need to convert cargo bay one into a cryo facility. That would be great. And feel free to take anyone you might need.”

"A cryo facility?" the feline swished his tail in curiosity. "Not exactly a typical request for a survey activity. What exactly have we encountered?"

He listened intently as Papaver explained their situation. An old colony ship, stranded and with a weakening distress call, and a population likely still asleep after far too long.

"I will begin immediately," Ktan said, before offering a brief salute.

He cast his eyes over the remainder of the science lab, looking for a familiar face. It didn't appear that any of the enlisted personnel he'd been working with on the night shift had followed him on the schedule rotation. He'd simply have to make do with whoever was here.

Slipping out a PADD, he went over the duty roster for this shift and selected the best-fit candidate.

"Crewman Paige," Ktan said, approaching a mousey looking human technician on the opposite side of the room. "I require your assistance. Are you up to date on the mission?"

Crewman Paige turned around, looking startled for just a moment at both their height difference and shadowy countenance the hooded Kzinti bore. Her icy blue eyes softened, however, in a matter of moments.

"I'll get right on it, uh, sir," she said, baring her teeth in a human smile. "I'll bring Crewman Wallace along too, he's practically an engineer."

"Thank you," Ktan said, offering a polite bow, "Gather what you need and meet me there."

Paige and Wallace, Ktan thought, walking towards the exit. I've never so much as read their personnel files, and now I'll be giving them orders on a life saving endeavor. Is this the life of an officer?

>> Cargo Bay >>

Messages In This Thread
YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Jennifer Braggins - 06-19-2024, 06:28 PM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Peter Jensen - 06-19-2024, 06:40 PM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Theresa Black - 07-04-2024, 08:26 PM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Arwen Qi - 07-10-2024, 04:36 AM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Theresa Black - 07-10-2024, 07:49 PM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by GM-01 - 07-13-2024, 02:47 AM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Theresa Black - 07-14-2024, 03:36 PM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Theresa Black - 08-06-2024, 05:44 PM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Peter Jensen - 08-08-2024, 05:24 PM
RE: YE/D05 & 06 - Science Labs - by Ktan Shadowhunt - 08-29-2024, 02:33 PM