AT/D02 - Bridge
==Apologies for the delay to replying, Miles; it's been a rough couple of days==

Jaein hadn't reckoned with one thing: it takes time for the programs he likes to run to load for the first time on a new install. The program did some fairly intensive polling of the internal sensors and the regular system monitors, cross-checking with maintenance logs as well. Subsequent runnings wouldn't require much in the way of update, but for the first activation, it had a lot of data to sift through to provide him the picture he wanted.

So, by the time Lieutenant Grant walked up, he still didn't know a lot more than he had before he went to bed last night. However, he set that aside as the younger man spoke up.  "Commander," he said, respectfully. "Welcome aboard the Artemis. I don't believe we've properly met yet. Lieutenant Miles Grant." 

Jaein stuck out a hand to shake, as he knew most humans preferred, and gave him a smile. "Commander Omdor Jaein," he said kindly, "though feel free to just call me Jaein if you'd like. I work for a living, or at least used to before they saddled me with the paperwork, too."

"With your presence, I relinquish the conn to your Command, sir," Miles finished.

Well, Jaein thought, I guess he'll still be calling me Commander for a while. He nodded, though he didn't get a chance to reply before the doors opened once again to reveal another officer, thankfully more senior than him. Captain Tyra Crawford walked onto the bridge, surrounded by the aroma of coffee and instantly making Jaein regret not going for the bigger mug, the empty by his station hanging ominously in his peripheral vision. Jaein kept his mouth shut for a moment, waiting on her for a moment.

She looked around the room, taking in the officers present, before she spoke towards himself and Grant.  "Gentlemen, how are the launch preparations going?" she asked, stepping down to the command level with a slight smile on her face.

"Still getting my diagnostics in, Captain," he said, "but all of the reports I've gotten from my officers so far say we're ship shape and ready to cast off on your word. Should that change, you'll be second to know - after myself, of course." He flashed a smile at her as well, offering a little humor at the start of the day. "I would ask, though," he ventured, holding up his empty cup, "I haven't memorized where your replicators are - closest place for a fresh cup?"

As he stood to follow her advice, he set a hand briefly on Grant's shoulder. "Guess she has the bridge now," he said, smiling. "Maybe we can meet up at some point for a drink."

==Tags!==

Messages In This Thread
AT/D02 - Bridge - by Tyra Crawford - 07-17-2024, 01:21 AM
RE: AT/D02 - Bridge - by Cassandra Givens - 07-17-2024, 08:40 PM
RE: AT/D02 - Bridge - by Miles Grant - 09-02-2024, 03:19 AM
RE: AT/D02 - Bridge - by Lucy Devereaux - 09-10-2024, 03:45 PM
RE: AT/D02 - Bridge - by Omdor Jaein - 09-11-2024, 10:49 PM
RE: AT/D02 - Bridge - by Miles Grant - 09-14-2024, 12:45 AM
RE: AT/D02 - Bridge - by Tyra Crawford - Yesterday, 12:36 AM
RE: AT/D02 - Bridge - by Omdor Jaein - Yesterday, 10:50 PM