AT/D99 - Other Locations
Han Eun Ju paused a moment in her sullenness when she heard Mara laugh for the first time. She was pretty sure she had never heard the woman laugh and was fairly certain it wasn’t a common occurrence. Ju was pretty sure at this point she should get a special medal for making the fire-hearted woman laugh. Even Ju, in her misery, had to quirk her lips to the side slightly at the sound of her friend’s laugh in such an honest and unexpected way. Mara’s signature twang always made Ju happy, there was something about the way she said average every day words with some sort of twist that made Ju want to ask all kinds of questions about her friends’ background. Maybe she would get drunk enough tonight to find out some about Mara.

The Security Chief told her that it was not her who had lured her to the Artemis and the both knew it, causing Ju to give a smile. They did both know it, Damian had certainly helped but there were situations that had pushed that decision to be much quicker than she had expected it to be. “You definitely helped with a your sales pitch on alcohol and what Artemis deems a fun time,” she corrected her friend. Though it was a minor thing, Mara had helped Ju feel welcome when Damian brought her, an outsider, to the Christmas party.

Mara looked off to the side, and then she began to give some guys the business. Ju turned to look over her shoulder at the off duty officers who seemed to be hovering. She couldn’t figure out why though because she was pretty sure she hadn’t met either of them and had no idea what they would want with her. However, they realized that she had some protection from Mara and quickly high tailed it when she used a bit more force.

“The drama is second to none, though this is only the second ship I’ve been on,” Ju had to admit. “But, it’s also the most welcoming and most fun. So I guess with that comes drama.”

Ju opened the top of her gummy bears and reached in pinching a few with her fingers and bringing them to her mouth. Chewing slowly as Mara mentioned that she wasn’t going to drink because mixing alcohol and anger issues wasn’t the way to go. Which, to be fair, was perfectly true. Then she made mention of glitter related terrorism which caused Ju to spit gummy pieces on the table in a quick bout of laughter. The glistening gummy body parts were a special kind of rainbow related carnage as they oozed slightly on the table trembling with vibrations while Ju finished her laugh.

“Well that’s disgusting,” Ju admitted as she reached over and grabbed napkins out of the little holder to the side and quickly cleaned up her own mess hoping she hadn’t managed to pelt Mara with any gummy limbs. “Okay so… first of all, I feel like that story is going to follow me for the rest of my life.”

Ju brushed a hand over her face before taking on another gummy victim and squishing him head first between her teeth before continuing. “I was not the Serial Sparkler okay? I was just associated with her. I was just buying crafting supplies, she’s the one that destroyed an entire shelf of glitter and both inhaled and consumed some. Then, she was the one who after a single sip of booze splattered glitter bombs on the Captain’s shoes.”

Ju grinned and sat back. “It really was epic. Not many can say you pissed off your Captain before even meeting them….” She gave a shrug of her muscular shoulders. “As to your question about booze, I can handle it, and I won’t puke. In my culture we start drinking young, illegally young,” she chuckled. “My brothers were teaching me how to drink in high school so no one could easily get me drunk and take advantage of me.”

“So, bring it on, Calleja, I’ll drink your poison.”

==Tag Mara==

Messages In This Thread
AT/D99 - Other Locations - by Tyra Crawford - 07-17-2024, 01:33 AM
RE: AT/D99 - Other Locations - by Tyra Crawford - 07-19-2024, 09:56 PM
RE: AT/D99 - Other Locations - by Mara Calleja - 09-03-2024, 02:52 PM
RE: AT/D99 - Other Locations - by Eun Ju Han - 09-05-2024, 12:31 AM
RE: AT/D99 - Other Locations - by Mara Calleja - 09-17-2024, 11:37 PM
RE: AT/D99 - Other Locations - by Eun Ju Han - 09-22-2024, 10:07 PM