GE/E01 - Gravesworld
==In response to Said’s GM input request from the 1st==


Dr. Enders nodded to Said, and started towards his office. As his hand touched the door, he stopped, face stricken. “The first patient to die,” he said quietly, “His name was Christopher. Chris Kwak. He was thirteen years old.” At a much slower pace now, Dr. Enders entered his office, looking even more broken as he realized that his office looked as if a tornado had blown through it.

Looking back toward Chief Said helplessly, the doctor could do little more than grimace. “Before the outbreak -or sabotage, whatever you want to call it- this was a small, easy-to-manage practice. I acted as the General Doctor. Poy came in for things that needed surgeries. Zappley, I had to practically beg on my knees to get him to come and help when things got bad. He likes looking at the movement of water, or whatever it is a hydrologist does. But he took biology, which is more than most people here, so…”

He trailed off, ending with a weak shrug.
Reply
Nira followed Doctor Enders to his office and he began. He produced the first patient to die: Christopher Kwak, age thirteen. Well, Nira can definitely count him off; besides, thirteen years old, he wouldn't have been able to conjure up something this complex and lethal.

The pain that Doctor Enders was feeling, the behavior he displayed, she could feel sorry for him. He explained himself about the staff, and Nira nodded in understanding. She could understand the feelings he felt; she could understand his misery.

"I understand how you feel, Doctor," she said. "And I can't possible see that poor young Christopher Kwak would be responsible, at his age, he couldn't come up with something this complex and lethal. Can you pull up the records for the next dozen or so people, the ones up to when you realized how potent this poisoning was, see how many are still alive?"

She wasn't done yet, and she was certain poor young Christopher Kwak wasn't the only one. True, he was the first of the victims and the first to die, but now Nira had to focus on the ones after him.

==Tag. GM Input - Would any of the victims following Chris Kwak still be alive and able to talk to Nira==
Reply
Dr Lim was glad to see the extra team members arriving via Transport, with the inoculations. Ens Keti, a Bajoran science officer, was first to arrive with the inoculations. Soon after came Red, the only nurse on board the Geronimo and Crewman Davis.

"Ens Keti, I am glad to see you, or should I say I'm glad to see these inoculations. Please help me move then to Dr Ender's office." Lim asked. As they began to move them into the office the others beamed in.

"Red, can you help prepare the inoculations once they are placed in the office for safety, there's about 40 people here whom we need to inoculate as soon as possible. Some will need multiple inoculations, over time, until we have to transport cycle up and running. Keti, Red and crewman Davis, please don't tell people that this is a cure, I don't need 400 people here tomorrow demanding to be inoculated. I don't need a panic on my hand. I need an efficient rollout of this preparation which will relieve symptoms. Also, don't drink the local water, it's contaminated with lead as you probably know. Once we receive enough fresh water for everyone, we will begin the transportation cycle. Hopefully the source of the contamination will be found and delt with by then. Any questions?

== Tag Keti, Red, and Crewman Davis. ==

== GM please. Are we able to set up a process to inoculate the patients in the clinic, and any others that may turn up at the clinic?
When does enough clean water arrive to be able to begin the transport cycle, to eliminate the lead from patients?
Who would Dr Lim contact to negotiate with the colony government? I want to arrange for the population to come to the clinic in an orderly manner to take part in the transport cycle. I figure the local colony government could help organise that. It is my intention that Lim will try at lease to organise it through them. ==
Reply
Seeing Commander Lim Keti was relieved to see her, he finally had some kind of direction. In a place like this it was easy for him to just do anything, and that would make things worse. That was the last thing these people needed, and he really needed to conduct himself properly. "Commander it's good to see you too, I am also aware that these are more important right now." It was a half joke, the other half was truth.

He would be happy to get these doses to the office and out of his, there had to be something else he could do. He had some questions about what was going to happen to the waste after it leaves the body, if it wasn't treated properly it could cause the same problem in a different way.

When they had a private minute there was one question. "Commander there is one thing I am not clear on, and that is what happens after this gets cleared from their system. Do we have any options available to us to prevent the contamination from one place to another, and causing a secondary problem." He didn't know enough about medical science to know this on his own, and she would have this information. 

He took one more look around to see if anyone was looking. "One more thing Commander, and this doesn't bother me in the slightest because I don't expect most people to understand. Keti is my given name, alot of Bajorans get upset when the family and given names get mixed up." It was more about preventing an outburst that didn't need to happen. While this was going on Red was getting ready to start the injections, all he was waiting on was the signal.

==Tag==
Reply
“Pull… up the records?” Dr. Enders replied, repeating Said’s words as he looked around at the mess of paper-stacks. “They’re here… somewhere. Probably at the bottom.” He paused. “I know how this looks. I know this looks like I’m a hoarder, I’m incapable, I’m…” He paused again as his voice broke.

There is enough room to set up a stand for shots, but not in Dr. Enders’ office. As it is in the same state it was when the crew beamed into it, it is barely large enough to fit a couple people, let alone a whole set up for inoculations. Clean water from the ship will arrive whenever you say for it to transport down.

The colony is governed by a Council, comprised of five civilians that rotates one member in and out every one year. The building the clinic is in is mostly made up of the council room and its smaller chambers. When asking any Wilsoner how one summons the Council, they are able to show you to a large bell to be rung in cases where they need to be brought forth.
Reply
"Commander it's good to see you too, I am also aware that these are more important right now." said Ens Jukish

"Your right on the gold pressed latinium, there Ens," Ens Keti.

Reddinton came out from the office and stated that there wasn't enough room in the office to store all the inoculations. Dr Lim answered, "Okay we will just have to store it in the Clinic, find suitable place and move the containers there and set up an inoculation station for those who come in off the street.

"Commander there is one thing I am not clear on," Ens Jukish began, "and that is what happens after this gets cleared from their system. Do we have any options available to us to prevent the contamination from one place to another, and causing a secondary problem."

"That's an excellent question Ens, I hadn't though that far ahead as yet, I need to talk to the colony council soon, I'll need to ask about the sewage system. If we can't contain it, we may have to... shoot it into a star... or something. Perhaps you could come with me when I talk to the council and help with the problem. First, we need to get these patients inoculated, I'll need you and Red to help with that, please."

"One more thing Commander, and this doesn't bother me in the slightest because I don't expect most people to understand. Keti is my given name, a lot of Bajoran's get upset when the family and given names get mixed up."

Oh, I am sorry, I did know that but with all that's going it completely slipped my mind, do please forgive, Ens Jukish. Err... May I just call you Keti?

==Tag Keti for answer to Lim's question and if you (Keti) want to post inoculations process to keep things moving that's ok with me. Email sent your way. ==
== Otherwise, my next post will be inoculations and speaking to colony council. Thanks for the info GM.
Reply
Nira saw Doctor Enders look around at the paper stacks....and then it occurred to her that some of them would actually contain the records of the patients, lost in all this mess. She was taken aback in surprise.

"You...you must be joking," she said in astonishment. "You don't have computer systems, let alone any computerized records and files? You have your records in all....this?"

But Doctor Enders' sorry state wiped Nira's astonishment from her. She felt pity for the man, and she can see where he was being overwhelmed. "It's okay, you're not incapable, you've done a good job. Don't worry, we have more medical personnel to help you. They can help you...potentially much better than the Charon ever did," she added. "I won't mind looking over the paperwork, checking things out, but if there are any computers and computer files, I'll gladly look at them as well. In terms of paperwork, I may have to inform my ship I'll be here a while."

==Tag GM. I have to admit, that's quite the curveball. GM Input - are there any computerized files, or will Nira have to go through the paperwork?==
Reply
Jez was mentally reviewing the facts as they knew them. This was becoming a real mystery. A Colony that doesn’t appear to monitor their water supply, nor do they secure the Water pumping facility. It seems that anyone can just waltz in and do whatever they want, but the question remains; who would want to poison a farming colony, it might be because of a strategic value, but as far as she knew Graves' world was remote not near any vital Federation sector and as far as she knew there was no valuable minerals like Dilithium, gold, or venderite. So that left only one possible logical outcome. That meant that there had to be someone hiding among the colonists that someone wanted eliminated. They couldn’t risk just coming in and assassinating them out of fear of retribution.

“Excuse me, Doctor Lim, I didn’t want to say this in earshot of any of the colonists, but I feel that someone here isn’t who they claim to be.” Started Jez “ What I mean is the colony’s water supply is contaminated with lead, the water pumping facility isn’t secured and the water isn’t monitored for safety and purity, at least not that we know of. Graves' world isn’t rich in minerals nor is it strategically important. That just leaves one possibility left, an assassination. Now, let's just say that a member of the Orion Syndicate is posing as a colonist; hiding out here, from a rival Syndicate. The Orions wouldn’t want a full-scale war on their hands, as it would disrupt business, especially if this person has turned state evidence and is testifying against the Orion Syndicate If I were a Syndicate Bossand I didn’t want to face jail time or the death penalty I would risk killing a few hundred or even a few thousand colonists to take out one person to preserve my business empire. What I think we should do is check everyone's background, maybe have the council make sure everyone's background matches their immigration information” Said Jez.



== Tag Lim. ==
Reply
== Heading from the water processing shack toward the lake ==

As they began heading down the line toward where the drone had indicated possible damage to the intake line, Thorn glanced at where the line ran.

== Is the pipe above ground or below the ground? ==

The thought of sabotage once more tugged at Thorn's heart and mind. If these people were victims of a deliberate act, then she felt compelled to stop whoever had been doing it. Her protective nature got her heart rate up a little. This sort of thing bothered her a great deal, but she tried to keep her thoughts and emotions under control. She knew that she needed to be a professional about this. These people already weren't very happy with Star Fleet. She might not be able to convince them to welcome Star Fleet with open arms, but she certainly needed to keep from making things worse.

It was encouraging that the damaged section was between the colony and the lake. If it had been under water, it would have been harder to deal with. On land, they could repair it easier. There might still be challenges, but they could repair it in relatively short order. It was interesting that scans were now indicating a hut or shack near the line. Her scans from the ship had not indicated such a structure. Thorn was curious to see what this structure was and why it just happened to be right near the damaged section of line.
Reply
"Alright Lieutenants, lead the way and let's proceed to wherever this leads us, both what could have caused the damage and also to where this pipe originates."

With the team at the waterpipe being augmented by Crewman Davis and with Qi along with Kalli being the ones on the scene longest, Keir was content to allow his officers to take the lead. And while s/he watched; she kept her focus on what was around them trying to get a feeling for what made this location appealing as a choice for a colony. And also, because if this was sabotage; an ambush was possible, and directed that thought at Davis. "Let's keep our eyes open for what doesn't fit Petty Officer."

S/he was an experienced Engineer but as a First Officer, not so much. But in hir opinion the best ones would give the specialists the lead and allow them a chance to prove their theories.

==Gm Input for what we see as we follow the pipe, and as asked above where is the pipe?==
Reply
The prospect of talking to anyone else about this problem never crossed his mind, now that it had planning what to say came next. He didn't want to come across as being too demanding, or make matters even worse than they already are. He just wanted to make sure that this didn't happen again, and this time it would be a lot worse.

"Yes Keti is fine, I am not too big on formalities anyway." He was a little relieved, what they were going to need next is the solution. All ofvthe sudden Keti had a look in his eye like he remembered something big. "Orbital scans had indicated that this area is relatively clear, but it's on the rise I am guessing it's because of this, but the further away from here the higher concentration of lead. It's naturally occurring. I attempted to get more answers about it, but but I ran into a wall of bricks." He wasn't sure if the saying was correct, it was just one of thoes things.

==MPC Reddington ==

Getting ready for the injections, Red was happy to do his part. The injections that he did have could go a long way, and with what they had it could cover everyone. He was more relieved about the break in the routine, and some actual fresh air. 

While he took a second to set up some doses, Red was observing his environment. He wanted to see who was around, and the state that they were in. How many people were sick, and how the staff would be handling them, and how they were reacting to his presence. The only thing that he was waiting for was an indication to get started. He didn't want to impose these on anyone, or worse force it on anyone who didn't want him to do it.

==Tag and GM input can Red start the treatments?==
Reply
== The colony clinic==

It seemed that Crewman Davis had headed to his assigned duty, and the inoculations began in earnest. Red and the others with LCdr Lim were making good progress. A storage place had been found a smaller room beside the clinic in the clinic/Council building. Red had set up an inoculation station and the team had begun to inoculate the patients in the Clinic.

Dr Lim had contacted the ship again and asked for as much water as possible to be sent down immediately, it arrives soon after. Those inoculating the patient were told by Dr Lim to ensure that the patients and other doctors knew not to use the colony water supply and to use the water supplied by the USS Geronimo, now in storage with the inoculations. As soon as the contamination site was found, the inoculations would not be used and the transporter therapy could begin.

== Outside the clinic in the hallway away from the entrance to the Clinic==

As Dr Lim finished inoculating a patient, she moved outside the clinic for a moment's breather as Ens Mala approached.

I thought Ens Mala was security on the team searching for the lead contamination. Perhaps she's been sent here when Crewman Davis went there?

“Excuse me, Doctor Lim, I didn’t want to say this in earshot of any of the colonists, but I feel that someone here isn’t who they claim to be.” Started Jez “What I mean is the colony’s water supply is contaminated with lead, the water pumping facility isn’t secured and the water isn’t monitored for safety and purity, at least not that we know of. Graves' world isn’t rich in minerals nor is it strategically important. That just leaves one possibility left, an assassination. Now, let's just say that a member of the Orion Syndicate is posing as a colonist; hiding out here, from a rival Syndicate. The Orion's wouldn’t want a full-scale war on their hands, as it would disrupt business, especially if this person has turned state evidence and is testifying against the Orion Syndicate If I were a Syndicate Bossand I didn’t want to face jail time or the death penalty I would risk killing a few hundred or even a few thousand colonists to take out one person to preserve my business empire. What I think we should do is check everyone's background, maybe have the council make sure everyone's background matches their immigration information,” said Jez.

What?

"Well, Ens... er... I mean um... I admire your enthusiasm, Ens Mala. I understand what you're saying. That there could be Some sort of conspiracy motive behind the lead poisoning. Although what you've said has a lot of assumptions, do you have a solid lead or evidence to point you in this direction? Otherwise, you're guessing. But before you answer, Ens! Federation Starships have protocols to follow. One is the Chain of Command. I think you had best pass this through your Department Head LCdr Said, she is here somewhere. I'm sure I saw her talking with De Enders earlier. Otherwise, I can't really comment. You need to talk to Cdr Said, first."

==Tag Ens Mala==

== GM, please?
Do the inoculations run smoothly with those in the clinic?
Are there any objections from anyone? Any unusual reaction emotionally and medically?
A Calling the Council post will be next. ==

== Keir, my hope in this post was to give some explanation where people are. Hope I got it right? Apologies if I messed thinks up. ==
Reply
There was a bit of a confused look on his face, he wasn't aware of how they went from one subject to another. Going from lead contaminated wast, to an upcoming attack. In the past this would have set him off, but fortunately it's a past that he left behind.

"I am not going to lie and say that this kind of thing didn't cross my mind however this isn't where I am going with it." He gave a bit of a pause to redirect how he was perceived. "What I am actually wondering about is environmental impact if we were to put the contaminated material where saturation is at its highest, or if that too would just create the same problem coming from a different direction." There was one more thing to add, and he just had to figure out how to word it so there would be no misunderstanding.

"Another thing I have been tracking is game trails, and animals activities. Historically animals have been known to find water sources under ground, dig them up and break their way through so they could have some." Hopefully that cleared up any misunderstanding, there were lots of other people there to assess the security risks and he was happy to leave it to them. He stopped talking in hopes that he didn't make things worse, or miscomunicate further.

==Tag==
Reply
== Still heading to investigate the damaged intake line and a hut that has turned up on scans of the area. ==

Without something urgent in front of her, Thorn had time to think more as she walked. One couldn't help but pick up on the sights, sounds and smells all around them. It wasn't exactly untamed wilderness, but there were birds that could be seen in the distance and sounds of them moving about. An occasional rustle of some tiny creature scurrying under ground cover, fleeing from their approach. The feel of relatively soft ground under her feet took getting used to after so long with nothing but deck plating against your feet. It wasn't an unpleasant thing. In fact, there was a time in her life when she cherished that feeling. The smell of rich soil, filled with organic matter in the cycle of life, it brought back lots of memories.

Thorn both loved and hated being on a planet. The good memories made her want to stay. The bad memories made her want to run from it. There was also the fact that in the past several years, every time she stepped foot on a planet, it ended badly. Thus, what should have been a wonderful stroll on the surface of a rather nice little planet, was currently only a reminder that no good would come of this. Even if they helped these people, her experiences told her that she would regret setting foot here. This was why she rarely left the ships she was assigned to. Stations weren't as bad, but they were rarely something to look forward too either.

Thorn would continue to worry until they were well clear of this place. A small voice in the back of her mind wondered if she would ever feel safe on a planet again. The truth of the matter was that it was not likely.
Reply
==Gravesworld Clinic. Continued conversation with Keti before Dr Lim went out in the hall for a break==

Keti had a confused look. "I am not going to lie and say that this kind of thing didn't cross my mind however this isn't where I am going with it." Ther was a pause. "What I am actually wondering about is environmental impact if we were to put the contaminated material where saturation is at its highest, or if that too would just create the same problem coming from a different direction."

"Another thing I have been tracking is game trails, and animals' activities. Historically animals have been known to find water sources underground, dig them up and break their way through so they could have some."

"Well... um... (Dr Lim looked slightly embarrassed) Yes, I see what you're on about now. Not human waste contaminated by lead but the actual soil, lead or whatever is at the contamination site or sites and any other residual environmental contamination. Thank you by the way for organising all the inoculations and preparing them, thank you, well done, if I haven't said that before."

"Um... Well... This might sound like 'passing the buck', but it is not within my expertise, nor my responsibility on this away mission. Perhaps we should wait till we find the contamination site and work out what to do with the contaminant lead then. Besides I'm not the appropriate person to talk to about this, your department head would be the most appropriate or the first officer. My responsibility as Chief Medical Officer is to bring the residence of this colony back to physical health whilst others look for and deal with what the source of the contamination is, where it is and what to do about it."

"You have my permission to go and find Lt Qi if you would like to pursue this further. Red and I and the other doctors here can handle the inoculation and the clinic."

Dr Lim moved on to inoculate another patient. She felt she needed a few minutes break, so she stepped out into the hallway, where she noticed Midshipman Mala approaching.

== see conversation with Midshipman Mala in posts above this one ==
Reply
For Said:
There is no computer in the office; it appears that when the Wilsoners decided to go back to a simpler way of life, they meant it, paperwork and all.


For Keti:
As the Federation team engaged start their own, effective, clinic, a small crowd of five people entered the medium-sized room that had become a triage ward. Dr. Poy Com approached these people immediately, speaking with all in hushed tones. After a brief conversation, Poy and the five people walked over to where the Starfleet medical team were set up with inoculations.

“This is the sitting council.” The Bajoran introduced. They are here to assist you and your people in an official capacity, as much as we can, while you are assisting us.”




Thorn/Keir:
==I nearly missed your tag due to there being no “GM” anywhere in your post. Keir, thank you for reiterating it and ensuring that I did not miss the request.==

The entire water pipe is above-ground. As this section of the Away Team follows the pipe, there is little to note about the structure. It is metal, weather-worn, and sections of it were clearly made from the hull of a ship. It is easy to conclude that, like the rest of the colony’s inner structures, the transport ship was broken down and used to construct the colony.
Reply
== Security NPC - Petty Officer Matthew Davis ==

== Along the pipe line with Commander Kier == 


Matt nodded as they walked along the pipe line with the First Officer. He really preferred to stay away from the higher ranks like most of the crewmen however lately he was along side the officer more and more.

He realized on a small ship he would work closer with the commissioned officers. He also lately found a reason to want to excel a little more in his Starfleet career. Although he had not shared it, he was interested in perhaps jumping from the enlisted to full officer.

He knew a little about his First Officer now. He had heard s/he was a great Engineer and even a good Chief Engineer but she did not have the security background like the last FO. So he figured s/he was a little more uneased at having to cover all rolls at the moment.

He kept his phaser in its side holster but he also kept his hand on his phaser in a position that would allow him to pull it quickly if he needed.

As they walked he kept his head on a swivel as the old FO had said. He tried to spy ahead of him places that could be a perfect place to jump the Geronimo officers. From what he knew of this, mission, so far he did not understand who or why their would be an outside poisoning.

"Excuse me sir,..." He began his voice a little lowered but just loud enough for hir to hear. "I was given a brief, briefing on what was going on however, I am not sure I understand why someone would be sabotaging the water system that would be the only water source for the whole colony." He started slowly trying to feel the FO out as he spoke.

"Do you have any theories as to why? Have we looked to see if anyone in the colony has their own water source?" He asked.

"I mean from what I understand we don't believe any outside, outside the colonists, as possible culprits and that of course means it would have to be a colonist." He added.

"I mean as an investigator we would like to find a motive but without a clear motive then we need to find what stands out differently." He added hoping he did not insult the more experienced officer.


== Tag Kier ==
Reply
Jez stood listening to the Doctor, the Doctor was right she didn’t necessarily have proof, but how she could get such proof was a  true puzzle. After all, the bad guys didn’t necessarily wear a sign that said, “Bad Guy.” Maybe Jez was letting her imagination run away with her, maybe one too many mystery novels, but it was the only idea that made sense. What was the point of poisoning a remote colony’s water supply? Yes, kill off the Colonists clean up the water supply, and then bring in your people

Why, why would anyone do that? This Colony is an agricultural colony. None of the Doctors noticed an increase in the lead in the water supply, are they really that incompetent?

Jez had to find Commander Said and tell her of her Theory, but the question was would she believe Jez that was the question.

Jez went to look for Commander Said, and she eventually found her, she was with Dr. Enders. Jez couldn’t believe the state of the office, in this day and age seeing paper files, Jez had memories of being with her parents on a dig and opening a long-buried library and finding ancient scrolls.

“Excuse me, Commander, might I have a word with you in private?” Said Jez.



== Tag Commander Said. ==
Reply
Looking around, and taking in details more thoroughly, Nira realized there was indeed no computer. It finally sunk in to Nira that these people really wanted to aim more towards a simpler way of life. Unfortunately, it meant lower amounts of technology.

No wonder this colony is being hit so hard, especially under poisoning. Hell, they'd be hit hard even with simple lead poisoning, but if it was simple, the Charon would've handled it quickly.

Vivid imagery of pre-warp behaviors and technologies went through Nira's mind, ninety percent curious, ten percent feeling criticism. She imagined the Wilsoners as, while of the mindset of late twentieth century, they'd also be hunter-gatherers, their only means of weapons projectile weapons; she wasn't even sure if they had bullet-based weaponry, having, at most, crossbows to hunt, let alone fight...assuming they had to defend themselves.

She shook herself, shaking her head in almost the same way a dog shakes itself when wet, and looked at Doctor Enders. "I guess I'll have to look through your paperwork physically, if it's okay with you, Doctor. I'll need to let my friends know where I am, though."

She then tapped her comm badge. [Nira to Arwen. I might be getting a tad closer to some answers, but I'm likely going to be a while. It's going to require looking through physical paperwork, which is why I'm going to be a while.]

==GM Input - Will Nira be able to find people still alive through the records? Of course, it will be understandable if she's going to be there for some time, unless she gets informed of somebody she can talk to, but I'm expecting she'll be stuck for a while, what with the paperwork she'll have to look through.==
Reply
As Nira began sorting through the paperwork, she suddenly double-taked and saw Jez had arrived. She flinched and realized guiltily that she had forgotten about her. Allah **** me, what the **** department head am I? she muttered to herself telepathically, angry at herself to forget her underling...

She began to sigh inside. There was a big damn glaring problem: There was such a small amount of security officers on Geronimo that, with an away mission like this, it was easy to assume Nira was the ONLY security officer. Then perhaps there was being aloof of Mister Slad, given he strangled her when he was out of control. Even after he was back to normal, she remained wary.

"Excuse me," said Nira, and she went to a private cubby and whispered, "What's wrong, Jez? If you'd like to communicate telepathically, we can make it more ideally private."

==Tag Jez, and my honest-to-GOD apologies for forgetting about you==
Reply
== Walking the pipe... ==

Thorn raised a hand to shield her eyes as she tried to see if it was possible to see the damaged section of pipe yet. There was just enough ground cover that she couldn't be sure how much further it was to where DeeDee had indicated the damage. Pulling out her glasses, she slipped them on for a few seconds to see what information was in the overlay for her.

Folding the glasses back up and putting them in her pocket once more, Thorn said to Qi, "I can't see it yet, but it should be just up ahead. At least it is above ground, so any damage should be easy to see and to repair. I really didn't want to have to dig a ditch and start playing in the mud."

== Tag Qi (and anyone else) ==
Reply
Doctor Lim had some great advice that he was about to take, this time he wouldn't get in trouble for it. There were a few more things he wanted to talk about, but she was essentially right. As Chief Medical Officer she already had too much on her mind, and now there were a few things that he wanted to talk to him about. There were a few scans that he did that Qi should be aware of, and perhaps clear up a few things that he could collaborate on. "Thank you Doctor for your time, and yes I should go and talk to him." 

He was about to walk away when the sitting council approached, and he felt it would be rude just to walk away. In the past it wouldn't bother him just to walk away, but now he had to be aware of how he comes across to others. Just before he was about to say anything, he took a second to think things through.

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you, there are a few details I need to talk over with my department head so we can present the information properly. To give you an idea about what I am looking into is what to do with the contaminated material in a way that won't come back, and I can do an environmental impact study on an area to make sure it's true." He didn't want to come across as combative, just as a person who was looking for answers. He just wanted to do his service, and not interfere with others.

==Tag GM==
Reply
== Along the water intake pipe ==

Qi’s ears perked up, overhearing Davis’ question to Keir. He was impressed by the petty officer’s inquisitive mind.

“Excellent question, Davis. It’s something I’ve been considering as well. I have two theories so far: either the saboteur has their own water supply, or they’re immune to the damaging effects of lead.”

Thorn turned to Qi idly as they continued to walk.

"I can't see it yet, but it should be just up ahead. At least it is above ground, so any damage should be easy to see and to repair. I really didn't want to have to dig a ditch and start playing in the mud.”

Qi nodded, feeling impatient. He would have enjoyed the hike, if there weren’t lives in danger.

“I think we should consider using the transporter to clear the rest of the distance to the hut. We could pick a strategic spot to materialize, just in case someone is waiting for us. Commander, what do you think?”

== Tag Davis/Keir/Thorn
GM Input: Would Qi be aware of any species that are immune to the detrimental effects of lead poisoning? ==
Reply
Jez was a bit surprised at the Commander's idea of communicating Telepathically, but considering what was going on here, it was an excellent idea. Jez nodded in approval at Commander Said’s idea. Jez took a deep breath to clear her thoughts.

`~Commander, I didn’t want to say this in earshot of any of the colonists, but I feel that someone here isn’t who they claim to be.” Started Jez “ What I mean is the colony’s water supply is contaminated with lead, the water pumping facility isn’t secured and the water isn’t monitored for safety and purity, at least not that we know of. Graves' world isn’t rich in minerals nor is it strategically important. That just leaves one possibility left, an assassination. Now, let's just say that a member of the Orion Syndicate is posing as a colonist; hiding out here, from a rival Syndicate. The Orions wouldn’t want a full-scale war on their hands, as it would disrupt business, especially if this person has turned state evidence and is testifying against the Orion Syndicate If I were a Syndicate Bossand I didn’t want to face jail time or the death penalty I would risk killing a few hundred or even a few thousand colonists to take out one person to preserve my business empire. What I think we should do is check everyone's background, maybe have the council make sure everyone's background matches their immigration information~

Jez knew that her theory seemed a bit far-fetched, but it was the only one that made sense. A remote colony, of no strategic or mineral value, and the population is suddenly sickened by a substance that a scan of the colony build site would have revealed. The idea that none of the Medical staff would run a purity scan of the water seemed odd, at the first instance of lead poisoning any Doctor would have checked the water supply, or at the very least monitored it, before this many colonists became ill.



== Tag Said. ==
Reply
== Security NPC - Petty Officer Matthew Davis ==

== Along the pipe line with Commander Kier == 

Davis was a bit surprised it was the Science Chief that answered he was pretty sure the guy didn't like Davis but he figured the best he could do to earn the mans respect is do his job.

"Interesting,.." He started as he looked back at Qi. and Paused as he thought about it. "Are we aware of any particular species that is immune to lead poisoning? I have to admit I am not familiar enough to know a species that would be immune to lead like that." He added to his question.


As Qi suggested about teleporting Matt thought he better interject. He had different ideas about that but he thought it was mute.

"Sorry sir, but when I transported down they were preparing to use the transporters for some type of therapy. So we probably can't use the transporters." Matt interjected

== Tag All ==
Reply
Nira "heard" out Jez as she spoke telepathically. She was getting the idea that somebody in the colony isn't who he claimed to be, but she just wished she could feel her way about to find who it could be, and in something that big, it just couldn't be doable.

What took Nira aback was Jez's idea of an assassination amidst a sabotage. That was something she had not considered. But then, Jez's points were certainly valid; that possibility must not have occurred to Nira, particularly the status of Gravesworld, she had been so focused on finding a suspect. But an assassination attempt was something she had not considered.

That's something I had not considered, Jez, Nira said with her thoughts back, looking down at her tricorder like she was looking at something, to not give away they were talking telepathically. It would make sense for an infiltrator to be disguised as a colonist. But assassination? If it's the case, it makes the assassin all the more dangerous, if he or she does not care how many people he kills to get to his target, unless he stops at his target. Holy Allah, I must've been so single-minded and anxious to investigate I haven't been looking far. If we're considering the idea of an assassin in the midst, we need to work faster.

She then gestured to Jez to follow and brought her to the paperwork. "I can agree we need to run background checks," she said. "Unfortunately, there are just no computers here. Everything here is paper. And since time is against us, we better get to digitizing," she added, getting out her tricorders. "That way, we can be able to call up digital files, it'll make it easier to read."

She added with a thought: We'll have to get going quickly. There's the possibility, though, that the assassin could have been one of the first victims, so I'm going to do some narrowing. However, I'll see about the background checks on the council members.

She then picked a small pile of paper, spread them in front of her and Jez. Then she tapped her comm badge.

[Said to Geronimo. Sothrick, we may be getting close to something. I'm reviewing paperwork here in regards to information. The problem is, the paperwork is literally paperwork. Jez Mala and I are going to be scanning the paperwork, digitizing them with our tricorders, and we'll transmit the files to the ship's computer to look at later. Expect uploads to the computer from our tricorders. As to what's going on with discoveries of the lead poisoning, you'll have to ask Arwen Qi on that end. Said out.]

She gave her tricorder to Jez and said, "Get to scanning. I'll be back to help."

She then approached Doctor Enders and said, "If I may, Doctor, and with all due respect, we're going to have to digitize the paper files so we can be able to get through this faster. There's also something else I want to look at, if it's possible. I want to make a background check in regards to the colonists and their immigration information. If it's possible for the Council to help, particularly to make a double-check, it'd be appreciated, it'll help to make things faster.

"I know it's a lot I am proposing," said Nira, holding up her hands to give a reassuring gesture, "but I'm strongly feeling that time is going to be against us."

==Tag Jez, and Sothrick with the brief report==

==GM Input - How well will the digitizing scan go, and will it be possible for the Wilsoners' council to help with the background check?==
Reply
== Colony Clinic ==

As the Federation team engaged start their own, effective, clinic, a small crowd of five people entered the medium-sized room that had become a triage ward. Dr. Poy Com approached these people immediately, speaking with all in hushed tones. After a brief conversation, Poy and the five people walked over to where the Starfleet medical team were set up with inoculations.

“This is the sitting council.” The Bajoran introduced. They are here to assist you and your people in an official capacity, as much as we can, while you are assisting us.”

Dr Lim was in the hallway outside the Clinic, whilst talking with Mid Mala, noticed 5 people entering the clinic.

After finishing the conversation with Mid Mala, Lois entered the clinic and she noted the five were conversing with Ens Jukish and Dr Poy.

Ens Jukish seemed to be explaining his role in the federation away team. Lois approached and introduced herself. " Hello, I'm Dr Lois Lim the senior medical doctor from Federation Starship Geronimo. We are here to help the colony with this current illness," and she indicated the sickness in the clinic.

Lois then turned to the Ens, "My apologies for barging in on your conversation Ens Rukish, please continue."

==Tag Keti ==

== GM input, please? Reaction, comments, questions, criticisms, from the council member and Dr Poy? ==
Reply
Jez was a little overwhelmed by Commander Said’s telepathic force, Jez hadn’t experienced such a strong telepath, not since Sothrick and her Grandmother. To a degree, she found it comforting, as it was familiar.

~That's something I had not considered, Jez, Nira said with her thoughts back, looking down at her tricorder like she was looking at something, to not give away they were talking telepathically. It would make sense for an infiltrator to be disguised as a colonist. But assassination? If it's the case, it makes the assassin all the more dangerous, if he or she does not care how many people he kills to get to his target, unless he stops at his target. Holy Allah, I must've been so single-minded and anxious to investigate I haven't been looking far. If we're considering the idea of an assassin in the midst, we need to work faster.~

Jez was relieved that Commander Said was at least considering her idea. Jez thought that Commander Said would be the typical arrogant superior officer that was so common in Star Fleet. Jez followed the Commander's lead she nodded at Said’s tricorder when she pointed something out to her. Jez had to admit that was an excellent maneuver, just in case the saboteur was watching it would just look as though Jez and the Commander were just discussing a technical issue.

~ Commander, you and I are telepaths, let's open our minds and scan people we may find the person responsible, Maybe we could even get the Captian to come down, his telepathy would help. Perhaps we have him bring a portable computer system as a cover, not to mention the fact the computer would help things go faster. ~ thought Jez. 

Jez thought about the situation for a while, if she was an assassin how would she pull it off? If she was an assassin, she would get sick to through people off, they would think oh it isn't her because she was so.

~ Commander, something to consider, the assassin might have purposely sickened themselves to throw investigators off the trail, they might be one of the patients, they might be sick, just not too sick, in other words, sick enough to evade suspicion, but well enough to function just in case they failed in the first attempt.~



== Tag Said. ==
Reply
== Along the water pipeline ==

Qi was growing to like Davis. Maybe it was the time they’d spent together aboard the Lesher, or maybe it was the symbiont’s influence. Qi had always been quick to make up his mind about people, but lately he’d been second-guessing his judgments.

“Good point about the transporters, Davis. Either way, we should be strategic about how we approach this shack. Whoever sabotaged the pipeline won’t be happy to see us, and they’ve proven that they don’t mind hurting people.”

== Tags/Follow-up GM input: any points of interest as we continue to approach the shack on foot? ==
Reply
== Said's Comm broke out with the deep booming voice of the Captain responding ==

[Bridge to Commander Nira, Captain Sothrick here, 
Good work Commander. If you can upload the papers you have with any context you can provide, Lieutenant Xardeen and I can go through the paperwork. Please keep in mind that Commander Kier was looking to have someone watching over Doctor Lois. I understand that Kier and her team are moving towards a point of interest. Are either of you with the Doctor?]

The com was open awaiting her response.
Reply
Good idea, Jez, but take care not to provoke them, Nira said to Jez. Non-telepaths usually never like having telepaths in their head. In fact, if you can, don't go into their heads at all. Just hear any thoughts in passing, and narrow down any thoughts and feelings that seem out of place. Chances are, they'll lead to the suspect we're looking for.

She heard Captain Sothrick call back...and he heard his emphasis on the rank. Nira instantly felt a need to explain herself...in a covert way, but she answered, "Thank you, and I appreciate the help provided from up there. No, we're not with Doctor Lim, but I can send somebody along to help her. Also, there may be one or two things I need to point out...but just in case, I'm sending the following way."

And she worked her comm badge and began tapping on it to make a series of tapping signals up to the Geronimo: Morse Code. She only hoped Captain Sothrick managed to pick up on his Morse Code in her reply, the taps forming a message:

["Transmitting in Morse Code, just in case we're overheard, and since nobody else would potentially know Morse Code."]

["Apologies for not using rank, Captain. We felt to not speak out our ranks around the other colonists so that we can appear friendly, particularly since they may not trust Starfleet after the Charon was recalled. I don't know if Commander Qi has informed you yet, but we may be looking at sabotage on the colony's water system."]

That done, Nira tapped her comm badge. [Said to Mister Davis, Miss Reagan, report to the surface and meet up with Doctor Lim. Out.] And now, she set to work, scanning sheet upon sheet at a time, separating into small piles of six sheets of paper and made digitizing scans with them.

==Tag Jez and Sothrick==

==GM Input - would any "scanning" from either Nira's or Jez's telepathy (not going into minds of course) detect any emotions or outward/"loud" thoughts that raise suspicion?==
Reply
IT was not long before the comms came back with the baritone voice.[Thank you Commander, all messages have been received. Please keep us advised Lieutenant and I will go through what you have sent. Please also keep in mind I would prefer no other boots brought down from the ship. Sothrick out]

Shortly after another voice came through Nira's badge

== Security NPC Crewmen Petty Officer Matthew Davis ==
==Along the Pipe Line with Kier's Team ==



When Matt heard his name come across he gave a quizzical look towards the First Officer.

He tapped his combadge looking around as he spoke worried that the com may have alerted anyone they didn't want to know they were there.

His voice in lowered almost a whisper tone came across Nira's Coms [Commander I am with the First Officer here on the surface. We are investigating... a possible lead.] He added then gave a look towards Kier. "I assume you don't wish me to head back, sir?" He asked his First Officer
Reply
Jez had to admit that scanning paperwork was beyond tedious, but the clues to the saboteur might be hidden within the paperwork. Commander Said was right going about reading nontelepaths thoughts could be very problematic, to say the least as most humanoid species think many different thoughts at once, they often think one thing, but say another.

~ Commander what do we do if we find more than one saboteur? After all, it’s only you and I.  right now. We could certainly use The Captian in case things got rough, don’t you think? I mean I’m positive we could handle anything that comes our way, but better to be safe than sorry, no? ~

Jez was fairly confident that they could deal with anything that came their way, but for a person to poison an entire colony, that type of individual poses a unique danger because if they can randomly kill innocent people, the elderly, women, and children pose a great danger to the society as a whole. Jez had to also process the idea of what if the saboteur got away, what would happen if this monster escaped Gracesworld and went to another planet or worse a Starbase or a Federation member World, like Vulcan or Earth or Betazed.

~ Commander, wouldn’t it be more productive if we beamed up all this paperwork and let them scan it all, freeing us up to telepathically probe for the saboteur?~ Suggest Jez.



== Tag Said. ==
Reply
They had been following the pipe for quite a while and finding nothing was both comforting and yet also frustrating.

Was this a naturally occurring incident or malice. So far all they had was speculation. S/he was comforted by the excellent team and felt that while participating that there was little for hir to add to what they had already worked out.

Qi asked about contacting the bridge and Keir nodded "First officer to bridge We are nearing the end of the pipe and can see the shack just ahead.

Does your scan show any life signs within?"

==Apologies just a short one, looking to get my posting mojo back ==
Reply
"Oh," said Nira with a grin, then she opened her comm with Davis. [Said to Davis, sorry if I forgot that you're down here already. Keep up your escort with Keir. I'll send somebody to accompany Doctor Lim. Said out.]

Hearing Jez's thought, Nira answered back, We could, but it would depend if the doctors mind us taking their paperwork with us...

She looked at Doctor Embers and said, "Would it be all right with you if we took all these back to the ship with us to look over? It'll be a long while to look over everything, and we'll probably be out of your way. If it's not permitted by you or the council, I understand."

==GM Input - Would it be okay to take Embers' paperwork along with us temporarily?==
Reply
Jez listened as Commander Said displayed what she considered excellent diplomatic skills. Jez continued scanning documents, she wasn’t even sure what she was looking for, let alone know if she did find it, Jez wasn’t expecting a signed confession, I poisoned the water supply to kill (insert victim name) signed the bad guy. Granted that would be great, but highly unlikely.

To help motivate Doctor Embers Jez suggested that they beam the Doctor up for a tour of the ship, “Commander, perhaps the good doctor would care for a tour of the Geronimo and meet with the Captian to convey any special concerns he may have?” Suggested Jez, with a friendly smile on her face.

~ If we convince him to beam up with us, one of us could come back and conduct a more detailed search of his office.~

Jez wasn’t sure if her idea would work, but it would afford them the opportunity to get to the bottom of this mystery.



== Tag Said. ==
Reply
Nira could sense Jez's intentions, but as much as it's a good idea.... Are you sure, Jez? asked Nira mentally. Doctor Embers is their best doctor. Sending him up to the ship, even for a tour, could deprive the colonists of their best and available doctor.

==Tag Jez==
Reply
Sifting through Dr. Enders’ paper records is an insurmountable task. It would be easier to climb the mountain of records than it would be to sort them and go through them. Stacks of papers had been turned into towers, and there was handwriting on some that was smudged beyond readability. There were names, and conditions, but only Dr. Enders or the people themselves could tell what their current status was. Of course, there was always the question of what one did with the deceased’s bodies, but that was a wholly different rabbit hole. No, it seemed that going through these records was a futile idea, unfortunately. What had once been a neat, clean, organized system, was now a hoarder’s mess.

However, with the brilliant idea of digitizing the material, what would take weeks would certainly now only take days. One would simply just have to scan every single piece of paper first. Taking any paperwork would be granted; though Enders also asked if he may be allowed to visit the ship, as well…



The council would certainly be able to help with background checks, for the simple reason that you will find one Wilsoner able to vouch for the other. There is no police force on the colony; each colonist is expected to be respectable and treat others the same. Squabbles, as any Wilsoner will tell you, are solved between colonists, and if necessary, before the council. Not everyone here loves each other, but no one seems to feel hate for each other enough to poison the entire colony over it.

Use passive telepathy, which would allow one to ‘feel’ the surface emotions of the colonists, would reveal what many of the colonists were already portraying: fear. Whether it be a simple twinge of uncertainty, down to feeling outright terrified, the Wilsoners were being pretty open about how they felt about the whole situation.



When Keti introduced himself to the council, they seemed as a whole, unsure as to what to say to him. They each mumbled some sort of polite greeting, but it was clear that they all had bigger things to worry about than courtesies. More than anything, they seemed worried, if not outright terrified, since learning the truth about their colony’s situation.



Qi would not be aware of any species that are immune to lead poisoning… for the simple fact that I’m not sure any mammal (and therefore, humanoid) is immune to lead poisoning. If you have an argument for this, I would love to hear it and hash it out!

On the way to the shack, things of interest would be the colony fading in the distance, being able to spot certain sections of ship hull in the buildings, sand ants, local flora, and, of course, the scintillating conversation on the way.
Reply
Jez thought about Commander Said mental response, Are you sure, Jez? asked Nira mentally. Doctor Embers is their best doctor. Sending him up to the ship, even for a tour, could deprive the colonists of their best and available doctor.

On one level Nira was right but on another level, she could be wrong, Dr. Embers could be the saboteur, leading the away team where he wanted them to go diverting them from the truth.

~ Commander you may be right, but Dr. Embers could be that man we’re looking for, think about it, he’s a Doctor, and he could have poisoned the water supply without anyone noticing or suspecting him, Why would they suspect him,  he’s a Doctor, the perfect cover. ~

Jez couldn’t explain it, but she just had a feeling that the Doctor was hiding something, If he didn’t poison the water supply he knows who did.



== Tag Said. ==
Reply
Knowing that everyone had limited time and a lot on their mind, Keti didn't want to keep them long or even at all. He had a lot to do, and he wasn't going to get it done there. The Council appeared not to really want to talk to Keti, and none of them were being rude about it. Returning the favor Keti kept it civil and make it a quiet exit.

"Thank you Council for your limited time and I don't want to hold you any longer." Taking a second to address the Commander. "I believe it's time for me to take my leave, I am needed out there." Turning his attention back to the Council. "I am going to do what I can to ease your burden, again thank you for your time." His voice remained calm and polite at all times. 

Once he was out, Keti took a second to really enjoy some fresh air. It wasn't a opportunity that came up a lot and now that it was here Keti savored it. This didn't mean that he was going to take his time finding Qi, but he wasn't going to hate it either. Everyone had a job to do, and he was going to do his as well. These people deserve a long and happy life, this was a fact that Keti knew well.

== Tag Qi who Keti eventually finds, GM comments in OOC==
Reply
==Keti, do you have an actual GM input request?==
Reply
==Greeting GM06 I would like to make a request/update on what the away team investigating the water pipe has discovered with the intention of perhaps obtaining something that we can move forward with.

Having repaired and cleaned the outflow valve after discovering the sludge and then purging the pipe we then travelled to the Shack to possibly discover the source of the toxic sludge.
May I ask for an update giving us something that we can then work with to move our investigation forward?

If you could post that to the party it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you==

Thank you--
Reply
Xenara's voice came through Kier's comm badge.

[Commander Kier, Be advised, there is a strong life sign coming from that shack. I'm showing no signs of lead poisoning from it.]

==tag Kier==
Reply
==Keir, it appears that Xardeen's call down to the surface holds all the answers you're looking for. Wink ==
Reply
== Based on everything we have, including the latest GM input, this post will cover all such aspects investigated thus far as well as conclude with a new GM input request. ==

Thorn heard the transmission about a scan update from the ship and held up a fist as she said in a conversational tone, "Hold."

It had been almost an instinctual thing to do, but was right out of the manual when it came to tactical movement in a possibly hostile ground mission. She narrowed her eyes as she thought a second, then looked at her PADD in her hand. Looking at the data there, she pulled out her glasses again and slid them on to view some of the data in an overlay that placed specific information on targets from her line of sight and not just a top down view.

As Thorn panned the area, she could see where DeeDee was operating the drone and it was hovering over the section of pipe in question. Thorn was currently the only one that could see the drone, but it was making no sound. The damage to the pipe appeared to only be superficial damage and not structural damage at all and there were no signs of leaks. That was a good thing, but added to the confusion as to where the contamination was entering the system. There wasn't just contamination measured in parts per million, but there had been actual sludge that qualified as highly toxic and hazardous material. There was currently no sign of this at all, nor had there been for the entire length of the pipeline they had walked. The good news was that in her work, she had apparently been successful in purging the line of those contaminants when she tested it.

Her gaze shifted to the shack. That small building was quite another matter. For some reason, it had not shown up on the initial scans from the ship. There had been a shack that had been of some concern, but it had not been anywhere near the line and not in close proximity to the colony. THIS was of interest. Furthermore, there was an uncontaminated life form within.

Thorn tapped away on her PADD, directing DeeDee to have the drone focus on the shack and its occupant. The orders were to perform a narrow beam scan of the entire shack and whoever or whatever might be inside the shack. She even went so far as to have it rotate around the shack to scan it from all sides, even penetrating as far into the ground as the limits of the scan would allow. It would take longer, but she added that it should rotate between spectrums and direct the data for computer analysis, allowing it to act as gathering data in an "exploratory" capacity, meaning it gathered data that could be broken down as Engineering, Science or Medical. This was possible only because the drone itself was not performing the analysis, only performing the scan. Thorn was getting the data fed to her and she was in turn connected to the computer system of the Geronimo. Running the simple subroutines for each category from the same database was simple enough and would give results in terms that were predefined, as normal. Anything outside those norms would be flagged within each department for further scrutiny.

It had only taken a couple of seconds for her to redirect the drone and begin her scans as she took a slow step forward and said, "Give me a second to see more specifically what we're dealing with here. This shack wasn't on our original scans. Unlike everyone else on this planet, whoever is in there is uncontaminated and they aren't one of our crew. I just want to be sure that this anomaly isn't dangerous."

== GM Input: Based on what I have described about the scans being performed, what results are indicated? Bear in mind that the only difference from a normal tricorder scan would be that SOME subspace irregularities fall within what is detected for engineering (warp core, impulse engines and comm systems), though some deeper details would not necessarily be able to be defined without further investigation and more specific scans, etc. The ship computer is being used for the analysis of these scans as DeeDee is only designed to detect life signs with minimal medical evaluation and give analysis related to Damage Control operations. Please contact me if we need to discuss more detailed technobabble. ==
Reply
Qi greeted Keti as he approached. The group continued walking toward the shack, and potentially a dangerous confrontation with its owner.

“Did you learn anything interesting, Keti? I was hoping we would discover some new alloy or organism, but I’m afraid the real answer may just be more people in space hurting each other,” Qi stared ahead, a grim expression on his face..

After some walking, Thorn held the group back as she sent her drone to investigate the shack ahead. The phaser at Qi’s hip felt heavy. He wished he didn’t need it.

== Tag all ==
Reply
Jez's idea certainly gave Nira pause. The more she was looking at it, despite reducing the time to go through the paperwork, nonetheless, it appeared to her it was a task to take days where it used to take weeks, and Doctor Embers had a huge amount of physical paperwork. And then there was the matter of what the colonists did with the body, it was an entirely different subject...although not so much a subject as it is a rabbit hold that would go, to coin the old Terran expression, "all the way to China."

It was Jez's thought in particular that definitely gave pause, to jolt her away from the paperwork. The idea that Doctor Embers was the culprit certainly was making sense - becoming all the more likely, as it was occurring wryly to Nira, perhaps feeling so overwhelmed herself by the paperwork, feeling that she didn't have days, it was very easy to embrace Jez's idea, and to figure that idea was the most likely: As Gravesworld's only genuine doctor, he would have access to the water supply, he would be able to come up with a complex of a lead poison, and nobody would look twice.

Besides, passive thoughts Nira felt, there was just one thing in common: Fear and uncertainty, meshed together hand in hand. An anxiousness all around her. As for Embers, if he was the culprit, he was doing a good job, given his behavior, his exhaustion...unless it was an accident.

That's certainly an unexpected idea, Nira thought back. If he is, though, he's a damn good actor, what with how fatigued he is, given his behavior, his emotions...but otherwise, he'd know what to do.....and with all this, we may be shorter on time than we realize...

Okay, Jez, we'll do it your way. We need to be careful, however; if we're wrong, this could lead to a worse screw-up than what the Charon had done, and the Wilsoners will have a deeper mistrust of the Geronimo than the Charon.

Standing up and stretching, she asked of Doctor Embers, "Doctor, I wasn't sure if you mentioned, I could've forgotten, but did you want to come up and see what the Geronimo is like?"

==Tag Jez==

==GM Input - could it be possible that Doctor Embers is the culprit/suspect, regardless of his behavior and fatigue and body language? Would taking Doctor Embers up to the ship be a good idea? ==
Reply
The mobile drone tricorder detected one life form, female, Human, aged late 60s to early 70s. She was the only living thing in the small building. In good health, she was only suffering from what a doctor might colloquially call “a touch of malnourishment.”




==Said, those are questions a GM cannot answer. Dr. Enders is a part of the story, and your character must make their own assessments about him. If I simply gave away the answers, this wouldn’t be much of a mystery, now would it? Wink ==
Reply
Thorn realized she had been holding her breath as she waited for the results. It had only taken a moment for the scans and analysis to display the data. Slowly reminding herself to exhale, she was relieved at what she saw.

Reporting in a calm and professional manner, Thorn said, "I show one human female, approximately 70 years old. I show no energy signatures that might indicate a charged weapon and I confirm no indications of the lead contamination. A tricorder isn't going to tell you how welcome we're going to be though, so for that part you're on your own."

She kept her drone circling the area and scanning, just in case any other details came up or changed. Glancing around, she finally took a moment to think about what might be on the minds of the other members of her team. Kalli had been so focused on what she was doing that she had not really been paying attention to what they were focusing on. She wasn't in charge of the mission, only the repairs to the system.

For a second, she considered who might act next, then grinned and added, "Hey, don't look at me. I'm just here to fix the plumbing."

== Tag to the shack team ==
Reply
==I understand, GM. I just wanted to make sure; I mean, I just hope Nira finds the right suspect.==

Nira studied Doctor Enders (why in Allah's name was I keeping mixing it up with Embers? It's almost as bad as people mispronouncing my surname or using my first name after my rank) as she talked, made her question. If he was the culprit, he was a damn excellent actor; accident or intentional, he was reaping the whirlwind. He should've realize all this happening, all the people getting poisoned, would weigh on him like a millstone made of neutronium. Their deaths are on him. She studied him as she waited for a response, waited for an emotional giveaway...

==Tag==
Reply
Right behind the Chief Tactical Officer's communication the sound of the Captains voice broke out. His tone was obviously trying to stay lowered but those near the First Officer would be able to hear his words as well.

[Commander, while it may be likely that whomever is in there is directly or indirectly the cause for this poisoning we do not know for sure if they are involved. Or the reason if they are. Approach with extreme caution but make sure we investigate do not interrogate.] He added to the communication in hushed tones or as best as he could.


[Try approaching them as if we currently are not aware that we know they are not affected. Approach them as if we are concerned for their well-being. See how they react and if they pretend to be affected or sick then we can deal with them accordingly.] the channel was still open for anyone's response.
Reply
== NPC Security Petty Officer Matthew Davis ==

Matt had his phaser drawn and at the ready. He watched as the little drone the Engineer sent ahead did its thing he was very impressed with the little gadget.

Matt whispered "Sir does that little device tell if the occupant is armed?" He asked.

"I can take point and breach if you want or would you prefer to knock. If so we should have any other exit points covered as well. Really for either idea I think its best to have any other exit point covered." The young crewman offered.
"Where would you like me sir?" He added
Reply
Dr Lim introduced herself and apologized for butting in on Keti conversation. More than anything, they seemed worried, if not outright terrified, since learning the truth about their colony’s situation.

The Council each mumbled some sort of polite greeting to Keti and then Lim, but it was clear that they all had bigger things to worry about than courtesies, and none of them were being rude about it. Returning the favor, Keti kept it civil and made it a quiet exit.

This gave Dr Lim the chance to continue with the Council members and began with a brief explanation of what the Geronimo crew were engaged in. The medical team, Nurse Reddington and Lois herself, were commencing an inoculation program first with the patients in the clinic and then for any colony residence, designed to cure them of the lead poisoning.

"If any of you are feeling any symptoms then I would recommend that you present yourself for an inoculation, we could do it immediately," she told the Councilors. "Our plan is to continue with the injections until the source of the lead poisoning is found and eradicated. We have a team out searching for the source at this very moment. Once the source is found and fixed, we would like to use our ship's transporters to completely heal anyone with lead poison. The transporter can eradicate the lead from a person in seconds."

"There are two things I require your assistance with this plan. Stop all colonists from drinking the local water. We believe the lead contamination is through drinking the local water. Our Ship will supply clean water for everyone. The population can come here and collect water for themselves and their families."

"Secondly, anyone suffering with this lead poisoning should come to us here daily and receive an injection to help remove any lead poisoning from their bodies. It's a painless process, and so is the transporter therapy, I mentioned. Are you able to organise the population into doing this? These things, clean water and the injections are vital to bring them back to health."

Do you have any questions or comments you would like to make? I'm happy to answer anything you ask."

== GM Input, please. What is the council's reply? Are they willing to help organise the population for clean water and injections and then finally transporter therapy? ==
Reply
Taking the CO's suggestion to heart she turned to the others. "Petty officer Davis will take the lead while the rest of us ensure that any other exits are covered. Cover the door and be prepared to breach or defend us should a weapon be in evidence, but please use minimum neccessary force.

Kalli see if your drone can pick up and perhaps monitor  any communication to the inside the shack. Lt Qi let me know if your scan can detect energy readings which might let us know if there is anything beneath

I will cover the Petty officer until we reach the door."

Keir drew hir phaser, keeping the aim deflected from any of hir team while s/he awaited.

When everyone was in place , s/he raised hir voice. "This is Lieutenant Commander Keir from the Federation Starship Geronimo to the individual within the shack, please exit and identify yourself immediately."

==Tag the team and GM

Last minute edit after feedback from my team. Apologies==
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)