YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters
“Should be fun,” Lieutenant Papaver replied. “I mean, not a clue to where we're going outside this being a shake down, but we do have a whole range of new toys to try out down in the labs. And by modifications, you mean the arboretum? On a ship this size that's going to be awesome.”

"An arboretum?" Ktan nodded. "That is indeed an interesting modification. It's rare for a starship to need any organic matter other than what they replicate. Botany is far from my area of expertise, but it's good to know Starfleet is earnestly pursuing the natural sciences."

Ktan felt a stir of gratitude at that thought. For all the confusion and drama he'd experienced since getting his commission, it felt good to have a reminder that Starfleet was, at its core, an organization that aligned with his own values. The Kzinti reproductive crisis could only be solved with these values - an appreciation for science, exploration, and the restoration of the natural order. A universe ordered as the gods first designed.

“Have you had a chance to meet with the boss yet?" Papaver said. For a split second Ktan felt a moment of panic that she was referring Captain Braggins, but then she continued. "Lieutenant Commander Qi. I last spoke to him a couple of weeks back before we got this gig. He seems like he's a good guy.”

"Ah, yes. . ." Ktan said. "I mean, no. I haven't had the opportunity to meet the command as of yet. I've only just come aboard."

“But enough about that," the lieutenant continued her rapid fire conversational style. "Tell me about you. What's a big, strong, Kzinti like you. Doing in a place like this?”

Small talk, is what the humans called it. Perhaps the lieutenant didn't realize she was touching upon some rather BIG talk by asking that question.

"I'm a political refugee," Ktan said. "And a religious one. This hood I wear, it's a symbol of my religious order. We oppose the Patriarchy and the dangerous genetic experiments that have led to the catastrophe my people currently face. Years ago, I was enrolled in the Kzinti military academy, before my. . . beliefs. . . led to my exile. Once I found asylum in Federation Space, enrolled in Starfleet seemed the logical choice, given my educational background. What about you?"

Messages In This Thread
YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Paul - 04-24-2024, 12:46 AM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Theresa Black - 05-15-2024, 08:26 PM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Theresa Black - 05-23-2024, 07:43 PM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Ktan Shadowhunt - 05-27-2024, 09:26 PM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Theresa Black - 05-28-2024, 06:15 PM
RE: YE/D02-07 - Crew Quarters - by Theresa Black - 06-08-2024, 06:32 AM